The Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Pasco is looking for an Executive Chef. The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurants and catering of banquet rooms. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, help coordinate product purchasing and culinary budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Maintain inventory by estimating food consumption and purchase food and non-food items necessary for kitchen operation.
- Oversee production of banquet food operations.
- Assist operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas.
- Prepare operational reports and analysis setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work Line Cook shifts as needed to fill employee vacancies, keeping skills up, observing Line Cook issues first hand, and for knowledge to be able to train new cooks on all shifts.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
The work environment can be loud and busy. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc.
Five years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor\'s degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field.
- Formal Culinary Art Training.
- Prior experience training, purchasing and managing budgets.
Bachelor\'s degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field, or combination of experience and education.
Formal Culinary Art Training.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and many other perks!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.