Eternal Hotels is a national hospitality company primarily engaged in the management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels & restaurants.
Our brands include the Red Lion Hotel Pasco WA, Best Western Pendleton OR, Holiday Inn Express Pendleton OR, Best Western Plus Dayton WA, Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla WA, Sleep Inn Pasco WA, Rodeway Inn Boardman OR, and Vintners Lodge Prosser WA. Eternal Hotels operates a group of RV Parks & Resorts including the RV Park at Vintners Lodge in Prosser, WA and the Driftwood RV Resort in Boardman, OR. The company also owns and operates gas stations, entertainment, and restaurant venues throughout Washington and Oregon. For more information, please visit the company’s website at https://eternalhotelsllc.com.
A hotel front desk agent represents the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest's stay. A typical day as a hotel front desk agent, involves registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the efficient operations of reception including check in/out procedures.
- Support team members in handling guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome is achieved.
- Ensure that both the Front Office Manager and General Manager are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from Guests and/or other departments.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times.
- Advise team of any special events or VIP Guests in the hotel for events or for general accommodations.
- Understand thoroughly all hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork.
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities.
- Ensure Team Members have a current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to exceed standards.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required.
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems.
- Follow and adhere to company brand standards
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with Team Members.
- Work with your Manager to identify a specific project to complete during your internship placement.
- Diplomacy and the ability to communicate clearly
- Firm leadership skills
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time
- The ability to perform under pressure
- Must be highly motivated
You’ll be working in the guest-facing portion of hospitality. This means being in contact with people all the time.
Though a hotel Front Office Supervisor assists the Manager to create their schedule along with that of the other Front Office employees, the importance of the job usually means being on call at all times in case of emergency.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry.
- Desire to progress within the Hospitality industry.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Competent level of IT proficiency.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in the hotel industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department at (509) 547-0701 or via email at email@example.com.