Eternal Hotels is a national hospitality company primarily engaged in the management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels & restaurants.
Our brands include the Red Lion Hotel Pasco WA, Best Western Pendleton OR, Holiday Inn Express Pendleton OR, Best Western Plus Dayton WA, Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla WA, Sleep Inn Pasco WA, Rodeway Inn Boardman OR, and Vintners Lodge Prosser WA. Eternal Hotels operates a group of RV Parks & Resorts including the RV Park at Vintners Lodge in Prosser, WA. The company also owns and operates gas stations, entertainment, and restaurant venues throughout Washington and Oregon. For more information, please visit the company’s website at https://eternalhotelsllc.com.
This position plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. Consistency is a key element in a positive experience, which is achieved by always following recipes. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Pay is base plus tips.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Welcome each guests personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender's actions.
- Work as a team with all Red Lion Hotel's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Grizzly Bar's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Grizzly Bar's standards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Place current bar tabs in front of guests at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Learn guests' names, occupations and favorite drinks. This will make Grizzly Bar a special place for them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management/security intervention if necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Walk and stand during entire shift.
Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
Remain stationary for long periods of time.
Frequently wash hands.
Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
Be able to hear and talk.
Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Prior experience working in a restaurant.
Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
Prior experience as a bartender.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be 21 or older.
Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department at (509) 547-0701 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.