The Human Resource Manager will plan, lead, develop and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including ensuring legal compliance, implementation of the organizations mission, talent strategy, hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leadership and Navigation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Business Acumen.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit at a desk and working on a computer for prolonged periods, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department at (509) 547-0701 or via email at email@example.com.