Eternal Hotels is a national hospitality company primarily engaged in the management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels & restaurants.
Our brands include the Red Lion Hotel Pasco WA, Best Western Pendleton OR, Holiday Inn Express Pendleton OR, Best Western Plus Dayton WA, Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla WA, Sleep Inn Pasco WA, Rodeway Inn Boardman OR, and Vintners Lodge Prosser WA. Eternal Hotels operates a group of RV Parks & Resorts including the RV Park at Vintners Lodge in Prosser, WA. The company also owns and operates gas stations, entertainment, and restaurant venues throughout Washington and Oregon. For more information, please visit the company’s website at https://eternalhotelsllc.com.
The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Sets steam table; serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education/Certifications and Experience
- Prior experience in a related food service position.
- Health Card
Preferred Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
Discount Employee Meals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department at (509) 544-3916 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.