The Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Pasco is looking for a Director of Sales to join our team! This position will maximize sales to all markets through directly selling as well as leading a team of Sales Managers to achieve bottom-line goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage a team of Sales, Catering, and Admin team members to provide the best service to our clients and guests with a focus on creating a Win-Win for us and our customers.
- Trains and develops team members to increase skills and abilities in their respective areas as well as cross-training to assist other team members.
- Maintain and promote a teamwork environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs, and observance of sales office standards.
- Ensure the hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sells procedures.
- Lead the Weekly Sales Meeting to strategize about the coming week and recap the previous week.
- Attend and contribute to the Revenue Management Meeting.
- Reviews monthly how the property is doing compared to forecast in actuals and pickup.
- Complete other duties and tasks necessary for a smooth flow of business and as requested by management.
- Responsible for overall Sales Offices strategies, plans, and performances.
- Develop and foster client relationships.
- Do sales calls locally and within the Tri-State area of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho
- Attend Visit Tri-Cities Director of Sales Meetings monthly
- Actively promote the hotel and the portfolio locally and nationally
- Works with sales managers to develop a sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for their segments: PC, SMERF, Government, Company Meetings, etc.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers, and all market segments.
- Utilize CVENT, the VISIT Tri-Cities system, and other systems to complete RFPs.
- Utilize Travelclick 360 and other tools to do market research and strategy in targeting business for the hotel.
- Leadership and Navigation.
- Customer Service.
- Relationship Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Attention to Detail.
- Technical Capacity.
- Hires and trains regional and local sales & catering managers and staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of regional and local sales managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles hiring, discipline, and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
A high degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand links between sales/catering and profit with excellent negotiation & closing skills. Good business sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The ability to travel is required as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods, travel in a vehicle, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Bachelor's degree in related field or combination of higher education and experience required.
3+ years Hotel Sales management experience required.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
Compensation includes competitive base pay plus bonus plan.
Relocation assistance is available.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.