Eternal Hotels is a national hospitality company primarily engaged in the management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels & restaurants.
Our brands include the Red Lion Hotel Pasco WA, Best Western Pendleton OR, Holiday Inn Express Pendleton OR, Best Western Plus Dayton WA, Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla WA, Sleep Inn Pasco WA, Rodeway Inn Boardman OR, and Vintners Lodge Prosser WA. Eternal Hotels operates a group of RV Parks & Resorts including the RV Park at Vintners Lodge in Prosser, WA and the Driftwood RV Resort in Boardman, OR. The company also owns and operates gas stations, entertainment, and restaurant venues throughout Washington and Oregon. For more information, please visit the company’s website at https://eternalhotelsllc.com.
Hotel housekeeping supervisor is a middle management position within the field of hospitality management reporting to senior hotel management and directing entry-level housekeeping staff. Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in hotels, hospitals. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assign guest room and common areas to housekeeping staff daily and updates throughout the day as guests check in and out.
- Responsible for inspecting the work of housekeeping staff to make sure it meets hotel standards.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Regularly check supply levels to make sure the establishment never runs out of essential cleaning supplies and order as necessary.
- Create employee schedules to accommodate business demands of the hotel.
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Advises manager, front desk agents, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Give regular reports to senior hotel management so they are in the loop of any major issues, such as room damages or extreme custodial situations.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
- Time Management.
- Responsible for sitting in on interviews with housekeeping candidates and training new staff on the hotel’s specific standards and policies.
- Organizes and oversees the daily room assignment to staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Discipline employees whom are underperforming or insubordinate in accordance with hotel policy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works inside the hotel office and inspecting rooms. In some cases, may be outdoors when walking from room to room. The employee is regularly exposed to contaminants and diseases or infections and work with cleaning chemicals and clean soiled items. The employee may work physically near other housekeepers, such as when cleaning the same hotel room.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Entry-level housekeeping experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience at a large hotel property.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree in hospitality management.
Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.