The Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Pasco is looking for an experienced hotel Sales & Catering Manager to join our team!
This is a rewarding position that pays a base salary, plus a bonus plan and other benefits.
- Manage all sales efforts for Corporate and Government hotel business segments.
- Target accounts with appointment-oriented sales calls.
- Key Accounts: Maximize current hotel’s key accounts by saturating account contacts and departments. Establish and maintain close contact with key accounts through phone calls, appointments, client functions, tours, professionally written correspondence. Assess future and current needs of the client. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs in an efficient and timely manner. Negotiates guest room rates and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- New Account: Capture and shift business from market hotels through research, networking, and proactively telemarketing/soliciting new accounts as well as outside sales calls. Establish and maintain close contact with target accounts through phone calls, appointments, client functions, tours, professionally written correspondence. Assess future and current needs of the client. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs in an efficient and timely manner. Negotiates guest room rates and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Maintain accurate, organized and current file management system in order to service client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner. Develops customer profiles and maintain an effective trace system, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior service. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries set by brands and management.
- Participate in associate functions, client and guest events, and community events.
- Assist with developing and maintaining business plans with General Managers, Corporate Director of Sales & Catering, Regional Hotel Operations Manager, and the corporate management team.
- Qualify all leads and prospects gained from tele-prospecting, cold calls, sales blitzes and other lead sources including in-house guests.
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Corporate Director of Sales & Catering, and property sales and catering managers.
- Actively participate in Revenue Management calls.
- Actively participate in Marketing Calls.
- Assist with rate and services decisions.
- Assist with servicing events.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Complete weekly and monthly sales call reports and submit to General Manager and Corporate Operation and Sales Team.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communication with all employees for the overall success of the hotel.
- Build and maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients and local community.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times and represents themselves and Eternal Hotels portfolio of hotels well with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR combination of education and related experience.
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least 3 years of hotel sales experience preferred but not required.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.